Please note: the application period for this funding opportunity closed at 5pm on Sunday 12 January 2020.
Applications for this project were submitted through COORDINARE's TenderLink site. Applicants for shortlisted projects were required to develop a short form project plan using a provided template. Up to 12 practices across the region were funded. Funded projects had 12 months from contract start date to complete their project.
Applications were assessed based on responses to the following requirements.
The practice was required to:
- identify which nurse-led model they would like implemented and what chronic disease they would address
- explain what theit practice data and/or local community data tells them about why their project would benefit your patients
- demonstrate how they planned to involve consumers in the design and implementation of the model of care.
As part of the project practices were required to:
- develop a project and implementation plan with their Health Coordination Consultant
- participate in monitoring and evaluation activities including:
- measurement of clinical indicators
- measurement of patient experience
- measurement of staff experience
- meet regularly with their Health Coordination Consultant or relevant COORDINARE staff
- submit a final report on provided template.
- have not previously received COORDINARE funding for a general practice-led initiative
- must be an accredited general practice within the South Eastern NSW Primary Health Network catchment
- application must be submitted by 5pm on Sunday 12 January 2020.
The following activities are ineligible for funding under this project:
- leasing or purchase of vehicles
- depreciation of expenses
- activities already undertaken or expenses already incurred
- research costs
- items of capital equipment valued greater than $5,000
- items of capital not directly related to patient outcomes
- payments for professional services (i.e. where a payment is made for a medical service item listed in the Medicare Benefit Schedule)
- conference attendances
- board fees.